Last time I wrote about how to cook Daal Bati . Today I have come up with cake recipe. It was my son’s birthday. We both were equally excited to bake the cake with available grocery items. When I was in market for shopping of essentials, I picked up Cadburries and Kitkats for birthday boy and cake. 🍫😋 Baking cake was my first attempt and it was successful. 🥳🥳 I am not having Oven at home so baked the cake in Cooker. Texture of cake came out exactly same if I would have baked in Oven. Usually I avoid consuming Fine flour products but I think some recipes should be made in conventional way.
I didn’t have Vanilla essence. You can use that if available. Its purely vegetarian cake so all can try it. 😊 Following measurements will serve cake for 4 -5 people. Servings may vary if people are mad over cake. 😋 Let’s get started.
For measurements use medium size bowl.
- Hide & Seek biscuits / Chocolate Biscuits (12 approx)
- Parle Biscuits (6 approx)
- Fine Flour (1 bowl)
- Baking Soda ( alternative- Eno )
- Butter (3/4th bowl)
- Sugar Powder (3/4th bowl)
- Cadburries, Kitkats (if available)
- Salt (1/2 kg)
- Grind the Chocolate and Parle biscuits together till those turn in powder. Measure Biscuit powder till bowl is full. Now keep it aside.
- Grind sugar powder as it may contain granules. Keep it in different plate/ bowl.
- Filter the fine flour with the strainer. Put 1/2 tsp baking soda in flour.
- Take big bowl and stir the butter in it. After some time, go on adding crushed Cadburries. Mix ground sugar powder in it.
- In above mixture of butter and sugar powder, add fine flour. Stir it until lumps are dissolved.
- Now add biscuits powder in above batter.
- Go on mixing milk in batter. Batter should neither be very thick nor thin. Indication of cake batter is perfect is stirrer should not be much sticky.
- Baking :
- As we are using cooker, remove pressure regulator first. Add good amount of salt inside cooker and put cooking rack on that salt. Let’s preheat the cooker on low flame.
- Take aluminium container specifically to bake the cake. Apply little butter/oil at the base of container and sprinkle fine flour on it.
- Pour the mixture in container and put cover on it. Let the cake gets baked on low flame for 30 mins.
- Final Touch:
- After 10 mins , take out the cake on plate and do the icing with cream. Keep it in fridge for 10 mins to cream to get hard. Decorate the cake with Kitkats, Gems and Cadburries. Wooopy…..Cake is ready to eat. 🙂
I decorated the cake with Gulabjams. You can garnish it in many ways. 😊
Please let me know if loved this recipe and try it at your home. Follow me on FB and Insta.
Instagram : GlitteryThoughtsOfficial
Let your thoughts glitter and shine on your face! 🌞 ❤️